“Oh, the thinks you can think”
One of the most performed shows in America, Seussical™ is a fantastical, magical, musical extravaganza! Fun for the whole family!
All of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters, including Horton the Elephant, The Cat in the Hat, Gertrude McFuzz, lazy Mayzie and a little boy with a big imagination – Jojo. These colorful characters transport us from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus to the invisible world of the Whos.
The Cat in the Hat tells the story of Horton, an elephant who discovers a speck of dust that contains the Whos, including Jojo, a Who child sent off to military school for thinking too many “thinks.” Horton faces a double challenge: not only must he protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, but he must guard an abandoned egg, left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger, kidnapping and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and emerge triumphant.
Director – Tina Kailiponi
Show Days: July 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28 – Aug 2, 3, 4
Show Times: Fri and Sat – 7:30pm (House opens at 7:00pm), Sun at 3:00pm (House opens at 2:30pm)
Tickets: $25 – $45
Show Length: Approx 2.5 hrs inc 15 min intermission
FAMILY-FRIENDLY: Seussical is a show for ALL ages. Parents of young children should be advised that this is a full-length musical.
BE ON TIME: The House opens 30 mins before showtime. *Late Arrivals will be seated at the House Manager’s discretion.
UPON ARRIVAL: Show your email confirmation OR e-ticket at the door (printed or on phone). Your seat assignment is on your email confirmation/e-ticket. No outside food/beverages.
STREET PARKING: Street parking is available on Market and Vineyard Streets and the community lot on Wells Street. Please do NOT park in the Reserved stalls behind the Iao Theater. Those are for the Pono Building next door and you will be towed.
WAILUKU PARKING GARAGE: As of Jan 16th, the Wailuku Parking Garage’s 1st floor is now OPEN! For more info – PARKING IN WAILUKU
Health/Safety Protocols, Additional Information:
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- There are 4 – Wheelchair Accessible seats.
- Accessible restrooms are available next door at Kipuka Square (County-owned and operated). Please alert an Usher or House Manager for access assistance.
- As per the ADA, service animals (as defined by the ADA) are allowed to accompany people with disabilities. Please keep pets at home while attending the theater.
- The Historic ‘Iao Theater has “raked seating” which angles up and away from the stage. Please watch your step moving about the theater.
- The theater has 7 exits; all with panic bar door hardware and a lit RED exit sign above
- The Historic ‘Iao Theater’s central air conditioning is set to 74 degrees. The zone above the stage is kept a little cooler for performer safety which may affect the first few rows of the audience. A light jacket or sweater is recommended.
*Maui OnStage’s health and safety protocols have been set in place to comply with current County, State and Federal guidelines with the express intention to provide a safe workplace and performance venue for our staff, performers, volunteers and patrons. Any and all protocols are subject to change without notice. By entering the Historic Iao Theater, the Education and Youth Program studio space or by participating in a Maui OnStage or Maui OnStage Education and Youth Program event, all individuals, including staff, contractors, performers, auditionees, volunteers and patrons voluntarily assume all risks related to possible exposure to COVID-19 and other viruses or illnesses and agree to follow all listed protocols.
Music by STEPHEN FLAHERTY
Lyrics by LYNN AHRENS
Book by LYNN AHRENS and STEPHEN FLAHERTY
Co-Conceived by LYNN AHRENS, STEPHEN FLAHERTY, and ERIC IDLE
Based on the Works of DR. SEUSS
is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI)
All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.