Momentum Dance Maui and Maui OnStage present … Nutcracker Sweets
Be whisked away with Clara on her magical adventure through the enchanted Land of Sweets in Momentum Dance Maui’s beloved rendition of The Nutcracker! Following a lively party at the Stahlbaum’s annual Christmas gathering filled with dancing, surprises, and gifts, Clara falls asleep beside her new Nutcracker doll and dreams of a fantastical world filled with dancing Snowflakes. She is led to the Land of Sweets where she is greeted by the Sugar Plum Fairy, enchanted by characters from faraway places like China, Spain, Arabia and Russia, and mesmerized by the Waltz of the Flowers and Dew Drop Fairy. After an extraordinary celebration, everyone gathers to say goodbye as Clara journeys back home.
Directed by Kathleen McKeon with her team of talented choreographers–Katie Higuchi, Camille Romero, Jackie Dowsett, and Ali Pineo–this year’s production features a unique storyline written by theater expert Camille Romero and costumed by the illustrious Kathleen Schulz. The collaboration between Maui Onstage and Momentum Dance Maui will give Maui’s audiences the best of theater and dance with new screen projections, set props, and lighting design. Come and enjoy this cast of 50+ multi-talented actors and dancers at the Historic Iao Theater. You will leave the theater with a warm holiday memory.
Show Days and Times:
Fri, Dec 15 – 7:00pm (House opens at 6:30pm)
Sat, Dec 16 – 2:00pm (House opens at 1:30pm)
Sat, Dec 16 – 7:00pm (House opens at 6:30pm)
Sun, Dec 17 – 2:00pm (House opens at 1:30pm)
Health/Safety Protocols, Additional Information:
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- There are 4 – Wheelchair Accessible seats.
- Accessible restrooms are available next door at Kipuka Square (County-owned and operated). Please alert an Usher or House Manager for access assistance.
- The Historic ‘Iao Theater has “raked seating” which angles up and away from the stage. Please watch your step moving about the theater.
- The theater has 7 exits; all with panic bar door hardware and a lit RED exit sign above
- The Historic ‘Iao Theater’s central air conditioning is set to 74 degrees. The zone above the stage is kept a little cooler for performer safety which may affect the first few rows of the audience. A light jacket or sweater is recommended.
*Maui OnStage’s health and safety protocols have been set in place to comply with current County, State and Federal guidelines with the express intention to provide a safe workplace and performance venue for our staff, performers, volunteers and patrons. Any and all protocols are subject to change without notice. By entering the Historic Iao Theater, the Education and Youth Program studio space or by participating in a Maui OnStage or Maui OnStage Education and Youth Program event, all individuals, including staff, contractors, performers, auditionees, volunteers and patrons voluntarily assume all risks related to possible exposure to COVID-19 and other viruses or illnesses and agree to follow all listed protocols.