“I’m your number one fan.”
Directed by Ricky Jones
Featuring Lina Aiko Krueger, Brian Connolly and Scott McLelland
Based on the novel by quintessential horror writer Stephen King, Misery tells the story of novelist Paul Sheldon as he transitions from writing historical romances featuring heroine Misery Chastain to publishing literary fiction. Annie Wilkes, Sheldon’s number one fan, rescues the author from the scene of a car accident. The former nurse takes care of him in her remote house but becomes irate when she discovers that the author has killed Misery off in his latest book. Annie keeps Sheldon prisoner while forcing him to write a book that brings Misery back to life.
*The stage adaptation is by two-time Academy Award winner William Goldman, who penned the 1990 screen version of the 1987 novel.
“There are no lulls in famed screenwriter William Goldman’s 90-minute stage adaptation of the Stephen King story, which Goldman himself translated into the 1990 film… Exposition that took a dozen pages in paperback and at least several minutes on screen plays out…faster than snow piling up in a Colorado blizzard.” —NBC New York.
CONTENT WARNING: Adult content/language. Simulated violence/gun shots. NOT recommended for children.
Health and Safety Protocols:
- We request that you please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- We will NOT be asking for photo ID, proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test result.
- There is no social distancing for this event. Please be mindful of this while choosing your seats.
- Please be mindful of others and give everyone space as you enter/exit and move about the theater.
- We HIGHLY RECOMMEND and support the wearing of face masks while in the theater.
- Misery runs 90 minutes and there will be a 15 min Intermission.
- The Historic Iao Theater has central air conditioning which is set to 74 degrees. The zone above the stage is kept a little cooler for performer safety which may affect the first few rows of the audience. A light jacket or sweater is recommended.