“The life and times of Junie B! Top secret personal beeswax!”
Presented by Maui OnStage’s Education and Youth Program
Join Junie B. on her first day of first grade, where many changes are in store: Junie’s best friend Lucille has found new best friends – and Junie B. makes friends with Herb, the new kid at school. While in Mr. Scary’s class Junie has trouble reading the blackboard – and she may need glasses. Add in a friendly cafeteria lady, an intense kickball tournament and a “Top-Secret Personal Beeswax Journal,” and first grade has never been more exciting!
From Marcy Heisler and Zina Goldrich, the creators who brought you Dear Edwina and Dear Edwina JR., comes Junie B. Jones The Musical JR. – a delightful musical adaptation that brings to life four of Barbara Park’s best-selling children’s books.
Director – Jessica Nelson
Musical Director – Audrey Leavitt
Show Days: May 4, 5, 11, 12
Show Times: Sat and Sun – 2:00pm (House opens at 1:30pm)
Show Length: 60 mins – no intermission
BE ON TIME: The House opens 30 mins before showtime. *Late Arrivals will be seated at the House Manager’s discretion.
UPON ARRIVAL: Show your email confirmation OR e-ticket at the door (printed or on phone). Your seat assignment is on your email confirmation/e-ticket. No outside food/beverages.
STREET PARKING: Street parking is available on Market and Vineyard Streets and the community lot on Wells Street. Please do NOT park in the Reserved stalls behind the Iao Theater. Those are for the Pono Building next door and you will be towed.
WAILUKU PARKING GARAGE: As of Jan 16th, the Wailuku Parking Garage’s 1st floor is now OPEN! For more info – PARKING IN WAILUKU
Health/Safety Protocols, Additional Information:
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- There are 4 – Wheelchair Accessible seats.
- Accessible restrooms are available next door at Kipuka Square (County-owned and operated). Please alert an Usher or House Manager for access assistance.
- As per the ADA, service animals (as defined by the ADA) are allowed to accompany people with disabilities. Please keep pets at home while attending the theater.
- The Historic ‘Iao Theater has “raked seating” which angles up and away from the stage. Please watch your step moving about the theater.
- The theater has 7 exits; all with panic bar door hardware and a lit RED exit sign above
- The Historic ‘Iao Theater’s central air conditioning is set to 74 degrees. The zone above the stage is kept a little cooler for performer safety which may affect the first few rows of the audience. A light jacket or sweater is recommended.
*Maui OnStage’s health and safety protocols have been set in place to comply with current County, State and Federal guidelines with the express intention to provide a safe workplace and performance venue for our staff, performers, volunteers and patrons. Any and all protocols are subject to change without notice. By entering the Historic Iao Theater, the Education and Youth Program studio space or by participating in a Maui OnStage or Maui OnStage Education and Youth Program event, all individuals, including staff, contractors, performers, auditionees, volunteers and patrons voluntarily assume all risks related to possible exposure to COVID-19 and other viruses or illnesses and agree to follow all listed protocols.
JUNIE B JONES THE MUSICAL JR
Book and Lyrics by Marcy Heisler
Music by Zina Goldrich
Adapted from the JUNIE B. JONES Series of books by Barbara Park
“Adapted from the books JUNIE B JONES IS A GRADUATION GIRL, JUNIE B JONES FIRST GRADER AT LAST!, JUNIE B FIRST GRADER BOSS OF LUNCH, JUNIE B FIRST GRADER TOOTHLESS WONDER, and
TOP SECRET PERSONAL BEESWAX, A JOUNAL BY JUNIE B (AND ME) by Barbara Park. Copyright © 2001, 2001, 2002, 2002, 2003 by Barbara Park”
For more about the Junie B Jones books, visit www.juniebjones.com or a bookstore near you!
Originally produced by Theatreworks/USA
JUNIE B JONES THE MUSICAL JR
is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI)
All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.