Maui OnStage is a proud a member of these organizations.
...and patrons like you!
Maui Fringe Theater Festival 2015
The Maui Fringe Theater Festival 2015 is now accepting submissions. To be considered email your sixty minutes or less original one-act play to email@example.com. Submissions will be considered until November 7, and the winning entries will be announced on November 14. Fringe productions should be simplistic short plays with minimal set and technical needs. If accepted, the entry fee for three performances is $500, with Kama’aina discounts available for Hawaii residents. Chosen entrants will receive 50% of their box office gross. Maui OnStage will provide a box office, house and technical staff, plus general assistance. Cash prizes are awarded for first ($500), second ($300) and third ($100) place, chosen by a panel of Maui entertainment journalists. The fifth annual Maui Fringe Theater Festival will take place from January 23 through 25, 2015 at the Historic Iao Theater.
If entry is selected, entry fees will be due by December 5, 2014. Please see pricing and details below. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
• $500 Writer/Producer Festival entry fee of $500 to perform 3 times at the Historic Iao Theater and receive 50% of individual box office sales. Maui OnStage provides publicity, a house staff, a tech crew, backstage help and general assistance. *
• $200 Writer/Producer Festival entry fee of $200 to perform ONE NIGHT ONLY at the Historic Iao Theater and receive 50% of individual box office sales. Maui OnStage provides publicity, a house staff, a tech crew, backstage help and general assistance. *
• $20 Submission fee. Submissions will be considered until November 7th. Winning entries will be announced on November 14, 2014.
• To waive the $20 submission fee, submit via email to email@example.com before October 3, 2014 (Document must be an attached MS Word file). Mail or Fax your Maui Fringe Festival application to Maui OnStage, 68 N. Market Street, Wailuku, HI 96793 or 808-242-7134.
• * 20% Kama’aina Discount with valid Hawaii Driver’s License
• An additional 10% Discount is available through O’ahu Fringe Festival if you sign up for both festivals
If submitted after October 3, 2014 mail a hard copy of your original script along with a $20 submission fee to Maui OnStage, 68 N. Market Street, Wailuku, HI 96793.
If a video submission, mail a DVD copy of your original performance along with a $20 submission fee to Maui OnStage, 68 N. Market Street, Wailuku, HI 96793.
I. 2 entries will be reserved for Hawaii production companies.
II. Hawaii residents shall receive a 20% discount on their entry fee with a Valid HI driver’s license.
III. The Maui Fringe Theater Festival seeks a variety of genres.
IV. The Maui Fringe Festival seeks of variety of productions based on geography.
V. Entries will be paid in one lump sum, 50% share THEIR individual box office on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
VI. Maui OnStage retains 100% of monies generated from t-shirt, festival passes, and concession sales.
VII. The Maui Fringe Theater Festival will do all general public relations. All entries are encouraged to do additional pr for their individual productions, not limited to but including, posters, fliers, press releases, etc.
VIII. Each individual production will be responsible for all travel costs and personal expenses, not limited to but including, plane fare, rental car, housing, meals, etc. Maui OnStage will be available as a liaison in assisting you to find affordable accommodations.
IX. Maui OnStage reserves the right to refuse submissions and/or entry if submissions are received after the 2015 listed deadlines.
X. All productions must be simple one acts not exceeding 60 minutes in length nor requiring excessive technical or set design needs.
XI. 2015 award winning productions will be judged by a panel of impartial jurors from the Maui Theater community. 1st prize $500, 2nd $300, 3rd $100.
XII. Showcases and One Night Only performances will not be eligible for cash awards.