Maui Fringe Theater Festival 2014
Maui OnStage is proud to present the “Maui Fringe Theater Festival 2014.” One act plays of 60 minutes or less may now be submitted for the three day theater marathon to be held January 31 through February 2, 2014. Writers of all experience levels are encouraged to submit their original performance pieces for consideration. Submissions will be considered until November 29, 2013. Winning entries will be announced on December 12, 2013. If entry is selected, entry fees will be due by January 3, 2014. Please see pricing and details below. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- $500 Writer/Producer Festival entry fee of $500 to perform 3 times at the Historic Iao Theater and receive 50% of individual box office sales. Maui OnStage provides publicity, a house staff, a tech crew, backstage help and general assistance. *
- $200 Writer/Producer Festival entry fee of $200 to perform ONE NIGHT ONLY at the Historic Iao Theater and receive 50% of individual box office sales. Maui OnStage provides publicity, a house staff, a tech crew, backstage help and general assistance. *
- $20 Submission fee. Submissions will be considered until November 29th. Winning entries will be announced on December 12, 2013.
- $0 To waive the $20 submission fee, submit via email to email@example.com before October 30, 2013 (Document must be an attached MS Word file). Mail or Fax your Maui Fringe Festival application to Maui OnStage, 68 N. Market Street, Wailuku, HI 96793 or 808-242-7134.
- * 20% Kama’aina Discount with valid Hawaii Driver’s License
If submitted after October 30, 2013 mail a hard copy of your original script along with a $20 submission fee to Maui OnStage, 68 N. Market Street, Wailuku, HI 96793.
If a video submission, mail a DVD copy of your original performance along with a $20 submission fee to Maui OnStage, 68 N. Market Street, Wailuku, HI 96793.
Maui Fringe Theater Festival 2014 application
Maui Fringe Theater Festival 2014 rules
I. 2 entries will be reserved for Hawaii production companies.
II. Hawaiian residents shall receive a 20% discount on their entry fee with a Valid HI driver’s license.
III. The Maui Fringe Theater Festival seeks a variety of genres.
IV. The Maui Fringe Festival seeks of variety of productions based on geography.
V. Entries will be paid in one lump sum, 50% share THEIR individual box office on Tuesday, February 4, 2014.
VI. Maui OnStage retains 100% of monies generated from t-shirt, festival passes, and concession sales.
VII. The Maui Fringe Theater Festival will do all general public relations. All entries are encouraged to do additional pr for their individual productions, not limited to but including, posters, fliers, press releases, etc.
VIII. Each individual production will be responsible for all travel costs and personal expenses, not limited to but including, plane fare, rental car, housing, meals, etc. Maui OnStage will be available as a liaison in assisting you to find affordable accommodations.
IX. Maui OnStage reserves the right to refuse submissions and/or entry if submissions are received after the 2014 listed deadlines.
X. All productions must be simple one acts not exceeding 60 minutes in length nor requiring excessive technical or set design needs.
XI. 2014 award winning productions will be judged by a panel of impartial jurors from the Maui Theater community. 1st prize $500, 2nd $300, 3rd $100.
XII. Showcases and One Night Only performances will not be eligible for cash awards.